West Virginia Hunters Need to Purchase 2nd Stamp Before Start of Season

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Hunters are reminded that the additional firearms deer gun stamp (Class RG – Resident or Class RRG – Nonresident) for taking an additional deer during the buck firearms season must be purchased prior to Nov. 22, 2010, according to Curtis I. Taylor, Chief of the Wildlife Resources Section for the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources.

During a calendar year, a hunter may purchase only one Class RG/RRG stamp for taking a second antlered deer with a firearm during the two-week buck firearms season. Hunters must possess a Class A, A-L, AB-L, X, XJ, E, XXJ or free license to purchase the additional stamp.  Resident landowners, their resident children and their resident parents are not required to purchase the Class RG stamp when hunting on their own land. Sportsmen and women are reminded that no more than three antlered deer may be taken by a hunter per calendar year in all archery and firearms seasons combined.

For complete information, hunters should consult the 2010 – 2011 West Virginia Hunting and Trapping Regulations Summary available at any DNR office, license agent, or by visiting the DNR Web site at www.wvdnr.gov.


ecubackpacker's picture

This is one way for the DOW

This is one way for the DOW to increase the revenue from deer tag sales.

We don't have to buy extra buck tags because we can harvest up to 4 bucks in my part of the state. But, we do have to pay for extra doe tags beyond the tags that come with our license.

2 tags for $10 isn't bad and the DOW can make some extra revenue from it.