Tennessee Spring Turkey Hunt Applications Available

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Hunters have from December 20, 2006 until February 14, 2007, to apply for the 2007 spring quota turkey hunts, reminds the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA).

Remember, there will be no mail-in quota hunt applications; you must apply online or at a license agent.

A list of available spring turkey quota hunts is available at licenses agents and the TWRA website www.state.tn.us/twra/turkeyappl.html 2007 Spring Turkey Quota Hunts Instruction Sheet.

Hunters may go to any license agent (including TWRA Regional Offices) starting December 20 and apply. You will need your TWRA ID number and required fees, if any. Annual Sportsman and Lifetime Sportsman license holders and seniors with a type 167 permit are not required pay a permit fee.

Using the 2007 Spring Turkey Quota Hunt instruction sheet, select the hunt choices for the areas you wish to apply. After applying, the license agent will give the applicant a receipt listing name, address, hunt choices and fees. Be sure to verify all information (including address) on the application receipt to ensure you will receive quota hunt information after the drawing.

Hunters with Internet access may go to and apply (beginning Dec. 20) for a spring quota turkey hunt. Click on "OnLine Hunting/Fishing Licenses & Boat Renewals". Once you have accessed the Internet site, follow the on-screen directions. All applicants (except sportsman license holders and seniors with a Type 167 permit) pay a $20 permit fee and a $2 access fee for applying online. The $2 usage fee is collected by the company that maintains the secure Internet site.

  • You may apply alone. Once you apply alone, you may not create or join a party.
  • If you wish to create a party, you must indicate this when you first apply. The party leader decides the hunt choices. You may allow other applicants to join your party by giving them your party number.
  • You may join a party created by another applicant. To do this you must have the party number when applying. A party may not exceed 5 members.