Idaho 2011 Licenses, Tags and Permits on Sale December 1st

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

The 2011 licenses, tags and permits go on sale at 12:01 a.m. MST, Wednesday, December 1, except for the nonresident Selway B elk tags which go on sale at 10 a.m. MST.

The sale of these popular tags is being delayed because many license vendors and Idaho Department of Fish and Game offices will not be open at midnight. By delaying the sale timing, hunters will have an equal opportunity to buy the tags.

Nonresident hunters can buy their licenses and tags at Fish and Game offices, any license vendor, or by credit card by calling 1-800-554-8685. They can also buy them online at the Fish and Game Website at

Big game hunters can find more information on the sale and purchase of tags for residents and nonresidents on pages 92-96 of the Idaho 2010 Big Game Seasons rules booklet.

Nonresidents can buy licenses, deer and elk tags beginning Wednesday, December 1. Residents also can buy 2011 hunting licenses starting Wednesday, and they can buy a receipt for deer and elk tags, which don't go on sale until after deer, elk and pronghorn controlled hunt drawings.

Hunters can redeem the receipt for a deer or elk tag after the controlled hunt drawings in July so those whose names were drawn don't have to exchange their general season tags for controlled hunt tags at a Fish and Game office. Instead the controlled winners are simply issued a controlled hunt tag at any license vendor. The rest are issued general season tags.


cscott711's picture

Wow, yet another piece of

Wow, yet another piece of information that I never knew about.  I had no idea that any state offered tags for next season this far in advance.  Learn something new every day.