2 replies [Last post]
Joined: 10/10/2010
Posts: 1
24.91 acres timberland near Curlew, WA, year round creek, gold and hunting prospects...1/2 mile from US Forest

Thumbs up For sale: 24.91 acres of forest timberland (80% Douglas Fir) with 330’ of year round creek (Nicholson Creek). It is located in Okanogan County near the Ferry County border a few miles from Curlew, WA and about 5 miles south of the Canadian border. There is a timber management plan in place Must keep in open space designation to keep low taxes of less than $50 a year. A home site of up to one acre ok to have in this tax class. Corners flagged and partially fenced.

This is very private hunting land with National Forest 1/2 mile away. There is a road through property that is graveled and maintained by partial year resident further up road.  It has a locked gate to your property. Forest Service road runs through bottom end of property along Nicholson Creek, which you have 330' of frontage. This is gold country!

 Spectacular views from this property, EXCELLENT hunting prospects on this land. Talk about trophy game…it’s all here and more. Dear, Turkeys and BEAR.  Need to sell due to medical situation in family. Underground phone is at property line.

$59,000 cash (cashier's check to title company in Omak) sale. Feel free to email for more information/directions.


Email [email protected]


Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Location: San Diego, CA
Joined: 07/27/2007
Posts: 5813
Just curious, you mention

Just curious, you mention gold in the title.  Do you know what the current environmental regs in Oregon are for panning, sluicing, dredging, etc. for gold?  Can it be done in that creek?

Location: Springfield, OR
Joined: 03/26/2009
Posts: 40
that land is up in

that land is up in Washington, not Oregon

but, if the laws are like Oregon, you can prospect and keep all the gold you find on your own land, unless the mineral rights are not included in the deed - that would occur only if they were sold or given to someone else (and, if so, it would be recorded in the deed)

Related Forum Threads You Might Like