The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is inviting the public to comment on proposed rules that will allow the hunting of feral swine and coyotes at night with a light.
The proposed seasons would be year-round, and would allow the hunting of feral swine and coyotes on Sundays on private lands with archery equipment. Night hunting is one means of controlling the population of coyotes and feral swine, both of which are non-native to North Carolina.
The public can comment online , email firstname.lastname@example.org or attend one of the following five public hearings across the state, which will begin at 7 p.m.
- March 20, Iredell County Agricultural Extension Center, 444 Bristol Dr. Statesville, N.C.
- March 21, District Court #1, Buncombe County Courthouse, 60 Court Plaza Asheville, N.C.
- March 26, Bladen County Courthouse, 106 W. Broad Street, Elizabethtown, N.C.
- March 28, Room 153, Fulford Building, Pitt Community College, 4381 County Home Rd., Greenville, N.C.
- March 29, Centennial Campus Center for Wildlife Education, 1751 Varsity Dr., Raleigh, N.C.