Wyoming Year-End Hunting and Fishing License Information

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Hunting and fishing continues into the new year - as long as you have a new license.

The Wyoming Game and Fish Department reminds anglers, hunters - waterfowl, partridge, small game, and mountain lion - and trappers to pick up their new licenses and conservation stamps prior to venturing afield in 2012. These 2012 licenses are now available through the Wyoming Game and Fish Department website or at the 200 Internet Point of Sale (IPOS) or computer linked license agents across Wyoming.

This season's federal migratory waterfowl stamp and Harvest Information Program permit required  for waterfowl hunters are valid through June 2012.

Prospective elk hunters looking to pick up one of the remaining licenses available for seasons that run through January 2012 - areas 5, 6, 92, 108, 114, and 125 - are alerted those licenses must be purchased by 5 p.m. Dec. 31, 2011. January elk hunters are required to have a 2012 conservation stamp.

WGFD License Section Manager Jean Cole says this is a good time for residents who have lived in Wyoming for at least the previous 10 years to consider purchasing lifetime game bird/small game and fishing licenses. All hunters and anglers - resident and nonresident - can purchase lifetime conservation stamps. Call the Game and Fish License Section at (307) 777-4600 for more information about lifetime licenses and stamps.

Whether or not you venture afield in January, the Game and Fish wishes you a prosperous and healthy new year.