Wyoming OTC Licenses on Sale Aug 15th

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

The supplemental drawing for limited quota elk, deer and antelope licenses has been completed and a number of licenses still remain in various hunt areas throughout the state.

A listing of areas with available licenses is on the Game and Fish Web site. Licenses can be purchased from any Game and Fish office and the more than 100 fully automated license agents throughout the state beginning Aug. 5. A listing of automated license agents can also be found on the Game and Fish Web site. Beginning Aug. 15, all remaining reduced price cow/calf elk and doe/fawn deer and doe/fawn antelope licenses will be sold at these same automated license agents.

Licenses will be sold on a first come, first served basis until the quotas for each area are reached. According to license draw coordinator Aaron Pelto, selling the licenses via the automated license agents has a number of advantages

"As licenses are sold, the automated system will automatically deduct that license from the remaining quota in that hunt area," Pelto said. "This will provide hunters with continual up to date information on what areas have licenses and how many are left." Pelto said it also reduces the time factor of mailing licenses as hunters can pick up licenses directly from those agents on the automated system.

Licenses can still be purchased through paper applications from the license section in Cheyenne and licenses will still be mailed to hunters. Residents are reminded they must be physically present to purchase licenses from license agents. Resident applications signed and submitted by another person are accepted only at Game and Fish offices.

The Game and Fish advises hunters to be aware of access in the various hunt areas before applying for licenses. For antelope, most remaining licenses are for primarily private land areas in the eastern half of the state. Remaining deer licenses are also mostly for the eastern half of the state, but some of the areas have public access on national forest and Bureau of Land Management lands. Most of the remaining elk licenses are for antlerless elk only and are scattered throughout the state on public and private lands.

Hunters needing more information on applying for licenses and access in various hunt areas can contact the Game and Fish at (307) 777-4600.