Wyoming Moose, Mtn. Goat and Bighorn Sheep Apps Due - Feb. 28th

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Resident and nonresident hunters are reminded that the deadline to apply for moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat licenses is the end of February. To be entered in the drawing, applications must be received at Cheyenne Game and Fish Headquarters by 5 p.m. on Feb. 28.

Hunters can apply online through the Game and Fish website http://gf.state.wy.us or through conventional mail. Application booklets are available at Game and Fish offices and license agents or by calling (307) 777-4600.

Drawing odds vary depending on species and hunt area. Preference points have been available for both moose and bighorn sheep for 16 years and 75 percent of the quotas for each species are issued in the preference point drawing. The remaining 25 percent is issued in a random drawing without regard for preference point totals. Preference points are not available for mountain goat licenses, but goat licenses are limited to one in a lifetime.

Hunters can research drawing odds from previous years for the various species and hunt areas on the Game and Fish website http://gf.state.wy.us/ Hunters who choose not to apply this year can still purchase a preference point online or through the mail between July 1-Sept.30.

Comments

hunter25's picture

Some of these hunts do seem

Some of these hunts do seem to have deadlines that are a bit earlier than you would think needed but I gues if you put in for these hunts you probably have a pretty good idea of what your goals are already.

I have only applied for antelope in Wyoming so far and other than der that is probably all I will in the future. I would badly like to hunt these other game animals but just don't have enough money to add any more applications to the short list I already have.

Wyoming is a great state with a lot of game and I hope to be hunting there every year as long as I am able to.

Ca_Vermonster's picture

Boy, today is the last day

Boy, today is the last day for this.

Is it me, or do the drawings seem to get earlier or earlier each year?

At least California is still June 2nd.  Gives me plenty of time to figure out exactly where I want to put in for.