Wyoming HMA Permission Slips Available July 14th

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Hunters who have obtained a license in one of the hunt areas where there is also access through the Game and Fish Hunter Management Area (HMA) program can start obtaining permission slips for most of these areas beginning July 14.

A listing of the hunter management areas available for 2009 will be posted on the Wyoming Game and Fish Department Web site beginning July 1. After that date, hunters can go online at http://gf.state.wy.us (click on Public Access, then Private Lands/Public wildlife/ Hunter Management Areas) to view maps and information for the various HMAs. Each HMA has a listing of the species available and the license types that can be used in each area.

HMA permission slips may be obtained online or through the mail. Mailed applications must include a photocopy of the hunting license, information on the vehicle to be used while hunting and a 7.5-by-10.5-inch self-addressed stamped envelope. Mail to: Wyoming Game and Fish Department, Access Permission, 3030 Energy Lane, Casper WY 82607. HMA permission slips are limited in some areas and are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.

Hunters wanting more information on the HMA program can call (307) 777-4600.