Winchester Ammo Introduces 2009 Centerfire Rifle Ammo
Winchester® Ammunition introduces its 2009 line of centerfire rifle ammunition. Super-X® Power Max Bonded(TM) is specifically designed for the whitetail deer hunter and takes the time-proven jacketed bullet design to a new level of performance at an affordable price. Winchester's proprietary bonding process welds lead to a copper alloy jacket where the two act together during expansion for improved penetration and retained weight.
"The bonding technology improves bullet performance with increased retained weight and deeper penetration, while still providing a quick and lethal knock-down," said Glen Weeks, Centerfire Product Manager for Winchester Ammunition. "For any whitetail hunter who is interested in bullet strength and penetration, the new Power Max Bonded is it."
Key features of the Super-X bullet include:
- - Protected hollow point PHP design
- - Lead core bonded to jacket with proprietary process
- - Massive frontal area of mushroom is more than double original diameter
- - Lead remains bonded to jacket after impact
Super-X Power Max Bonded will be offered in the following calibers and bullet weights, with expected store delivery set for June of 2009:
- Cartridge - Grain - Muzzle Velocity - Symbol
- .270 Win - 130 PHP - 3060 - X2705BP
- .270 WSM - 130 PHP - 3275 - 270SBP
- .30-30 Win - 150 PHP - 2390 - X30306BP
- .308 Win - 150 PHP - 2820 - X3085BP
- .30-06 Sprg - 150 PHP - 2700 - X30061BP
- .300 WSM - 150 PHP - 2970 - X300SBP
- .300 Win Mag - 150 PHP - 2960 - X30WM1BP
PHP = Protected Hollow Point
For more information about Winchester Ammunition and its complete line of products visit www.winchester.com.
Winchester Ammunition is proud to be a leader in conservation
Winchester Ammunition prides itself being a leader in conservation efforts. The company is involved with numerous partnerships at local, state and national levels. For more than 12 years Winchester has been a proud sponsor of Whitetails Unlimited. During this partnership Winchester has contributed funding to support P.O.L.I.T.E (Permission of Landowner in Order to Enter) and Chronic Wasting Disease projects. In addition, the Winchester Library is housed at Whitetails Unlimited headquarters and Winchester supports many local and state Whitetails Unlimited chapters. For more information about Whitetails Unlimited, visit www.whitetailsunlimited.com.