Wildlife and Fisheries Committee Public Meeting
The Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Advisory Committee to the S.C. Natural Resources Board will meet 10 a.m. Thursday, April 18 in Room 335 of the Rembert Dennis Building, 1000 Assembly St., in Columbia.
The meeting is open to the public. Anyone with business for the advisory committee, needing the agenda or directions to the meeting place should contact Susan Simoneau at the S.C. Department of Natural Resources in Columbia at (803) 734-3889.
South Carolina Natural Resources Board member Russell Holliday of Gallivants Ferry is chairman of the Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Advisory Committee.
Items scheduled on the agenda for the April 18 Columbia meeting include:
* Advisory committee member comments
* Constituent comments
* Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division budget update
* Legislative update
* Freshwater Fisheries Section hatchery program update
* Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) and state wildlife funding update
* Discussion on fox pens and coyotes
* Waterfowl season update
* Update on chronic wasting disease