West Virginia Requires Additional Antlered Deer Stamp

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Hunters are reminded that the additional deer gun stamp (Class RG-Resident Gun or RRG-Nonresident Gun) for taking an additional deer only during the buck firearms season must be purchased prior to November 20, according to Curt is I. Taylor, Chief of the Wildlife Resources Section of the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. It is important for hunters to note that the privilege to use an unfilled RG or RRG stamp for an additional deer during the antlerless or muzzleloader seasons does not apply during the 2006 deer seasons.

During a calendar year a hunter may purchase only one Class RG or Class RRG stamp for taking a second antlered deer with a firearm. A hunter may begin hunting an additional antlered deer with the Class RG or Class RRG stamp the day after legally checking the first deer in the buck firearms season. Hunters must possess a Class A, A-L , AB -L, X, XJ, E, XXJ or free license to purchase the additional stamp. Resident landowners or their resident children or their resident parents are not required to purchase the Class RG stamp when hunting on their own land. For complete information, hunters should consult the 2006-2007 West Virginia Hunting and Trapping Regulations Summary available at any DNR Office, license agent, or by visiting the DNR web site at www.wvdnr.gov.