Vermont Deer Meetings in March
If you have an interest in Vermont's white-tailed deer you will want to attend one of the five annual public meetings being held in March by the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department to discuss the deer herd. The meetings begin March 23rd in Springfield and Orleans.
Wildlife biologists will share information on 2009 hunting season results as well as data gathered at biological check stations on antler measurements, ages and weights of deer taken. Winter severity data also will be reviewed.
In addition, the biologists will be asking for input from hunters. The recent changes in hunting regulations designed to increase the number of older aged bucks are of particular interest.
Anyone interested is urged to attend one of the following meetings, all beginning at 7:00 p.m. and ending at 8:30 p.m.
- March 23 Springfield --Riverside Jr. High School, 13 Fairground Rd.
- March 23 Orleans -- Lake Region Union H.S., 317 Lake Region Rd.
- March 24 Castleton -- Kehoe Conservation Camp Education Ctr., 636 Point of Pines Rd
- March 25 St Albans -- St Albans Town Educational Ctr., 169 S. Main
- March 29 Montpelier -- Pavilion Auditorium, 109 State Street