Transferrable Deer Permits Must be Move by Sept. 11

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Kansas resident landowners and resident and nonresident tenants and managers who own or manage at least 80 acres of agricultural land in Kansas may obtain Hunt-Own-Land deer permits, according to the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Park (KDWP). They could also have entered the July Any Deer drawing, or they may purchase over-the-counter permits and tags.

Hunt-Own-Land permits are guaranteed but allow the holder to hunt only on land he or she owns, operates, or manages. Landowner/tenant permits from the resident any-deer firearms drawing are not guaranteed but allow the holder to hunt anywhere in the management unit where the applicant qualifies as a landowner or tenant.

Individuals who apply for Hunt-Own-Land permits may not purchase another antlered deer permit. Hunt-Own-Land permits may not be sold, but they may be transferred to a blood relative or their spouse.

Kansas landowners and all tenants and managers could have applied for nonresident deer permits during the nonresident application period ending May 31. These permits may be sold to any resident or nonresident; however, they must be transferred through KDWP before they are valid.

KDWP is reminding landowners, tenants, and managers who draw a nonresident permit and purchase another antlered deer permit for themselves that the nonresident permit must be transferred prior to the first opportunity for use of the permit. For example, a nonresident Whitetail Either Sex permit must be transferred prior to opening of the muzzleloader season on Sept. 11.

This applies to all nonresident transferrable permits. Once the seasons begins, no one may possess more than one antlered deer permit.

For more information, phone (620) 672-5911.