Tennessee WRC Identifies 5 to Interview for Executive Director
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Commission Search Committee for the Executive Director of the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has identified five persons to be invited to interview for the position.
There were a total of 11 applicants for the position to be vacated by Gary Myers, who is retiring after serving in the post since 1978. The five candidates who have been extended invitations to interview for the position on Feb. 9-10 at the TWRA headquarters in Nashville are:
- *Ed Carter, Chief, TWRA Boating Division
- *Nat Johnson, Assistant Executive Director, TWRA Staff Operations
- *Brent Manning, Director of the Forest Preserve District in DuPage County, Ill.
- *Paul Shelton, Forest Wildlife Program Manager for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- *Greg Wathen, Chief, TWRA Wildlife Division
The deadline for submission of applications for the position was Jan. 8. The Search Committee began reviewing the applications on Jan. 12.
The final candidates will be announced Feb. 19 at the scheduled February meeting of the TWRC. The final selection will be made by the full commission.