Special License And Permit Applications Deadline

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Big game hunters who plan to submit applications for deer B and antelope licenses and special elk and deer permits must have their applications to Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks in Helena, or postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service, no later than June 1.

This year hunters can submit an application one of three ways:

* Use the new Online Licensing Internet service; *

Go to an FWP regional office where a completed application can be entered into the Automated Licensing System;

* Mail in a paper application.

To submit an application online, go to the FWP web site at www.fwp.state.mt.us , then click on the Online Licensing icon. Or, go to http://www.discoveringmontana.com/ and click on Online Services. You will receive immediate online confirmation that your valid application has been received and entered into the drawing.

To use the online licensing option, applicants need to enter their ALS number exactly as it appears on a recent ALS license. For nonresidents without an ALS number, the system assigns a number during the online session. You will also need a MasterCard or Visa credit card. A convenience fee of $1.25 plus 2 percent of your purchase price will be added to the total purchase price.

Big game regulations and paper applications are available from FWP regional offices, license providers, and online at www.fwp.state.mt.us.