Special Antlerless Deer Hunts for Physically Challenged Hunters
The 5th annual special antlerless deer hunts for the physically challenged will be held at Snowshow Resort in Pocahontas County in December. The event will be sponsored by Snowshoe Mountain Resort, the Law Enforcement Section of the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, the West Virginia Division of Tourism, and the West Virginia Hunter Education Instructors Association. It is named in honor of Wallace "Frank" Hall, Jr., one of the first participants.
Separate day hunts will be conducted on December 8 & 9, 2004. Only one deer per participant may be harvested. These are day hunts, but lodging is available on a limited basis at discounted rates.
Persons with substantial permanent limitations in the areas of vision (blind), hearing (profound deaf), and limb impairments.
• Must have successfully completed an approved Hunter Education Course (show proof)
• Must complete a shooting qualification done by a certified firearms instructor using Snowshoe Resort targets. (3 shots 40 yards, 6 inch group). There is no charge for this requirement.
• Must provide own adaptive equipment, including clothing, firearm, ammunition, shooting rig, etc.
• Hunting sites and assistants will be provided at no charge. However, each participant must pay for any meals, lodging, transportation, licenses, and any other costs.
• All participants must comply with all applicable hunting laws and regulations such as but not limited to; wearing blaze orange, field tagging and checking deer and have an unfilled Pocahontas Class N license.
To receive an application, contact George Skinner, WVHEA at 304-584-4444, Randy Chapman at 304-269-7311, or e-mail email@example.com or Lt. Tim Coleman, West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, Law Enforcement Section , State Capitol, Building 3, Room 832, Charleston WV 25305, phone 304-558-2784 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of participants is limited. Applications must be postmarked by October 15, 2004 .