Remaining 2004 Hunting Application Deadlines
Game, Fish and Parks officials are reminding hunters that the South Dakota hunting application deadlines still approaching include Black Hills deer, fall turkey, West River deer, paddlefish snagging, tundra swan, firearms antelope, National Wildlife Refuge deer and East River deer.
Communications Manager Chuck Schlueter said big game applicants should be considering the drawings of their interest. "The deadlines are quickly approaching, and there are always a few folks who miss out each year because they are not aware of the deadline or forget," Schlueter said. "Our basic format has paper application deadlines on Fridays, which means applications must be postmarked on or before that specific day. Electronic applications are accepted up to midnight of the following Monday at the GFP website at www.sdgfp.info."
Approaching paper and electronic deadlines include:
* Black Hills deer, paper-Friday, July 9; electronic-Monday, July 12,
* Fall turkey, paper-Friday, July 16; electronic-Monday, July 19,
* West River deer, paper-Friday, July 30; electronic-Monday, Aug. 2,
* Paddlefish snagging, paper-Friday, Aug. 6; electronic-Monday, Aug. 9,
* Tundra swan, paper-Friday, Aug. 6; electronic-Monday, Aug. 9,
* Firearms antelope, paper-Friday, Aug. 13; electronic-Monday, Aug. 16,
* National Wildlife Refuge deer, paper-Friday, Aug. 20; electronic-Monday, Aug.23,
* East River deer, paper-Friday, Sept. 3; electronic-Monday, Sept. 6.
To apply online, folks should visit www.sdgfp.info, hold their cursor over the subheading "Licenses and Reservations" and click on the link "Apply for Limited-Issue Licenses." Applications can be viewed, downloaded or printed from a link under that subheading as well.