Proposed 2009-11 Hunting Season Dates for Louisiana
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) has posted the 2009-11 proposed general and wildlife management area (WMA) hunting regulations and dates online.
The proposed dates and regulations can be found on the department's Web site at www.wlf.louisiana.gov/education/commissionactions. For those without Internet access, please contact the nearest regional office to view the proposed hunting seasons.
Public comment for the upcoming hunting season must be submitted by the April 2 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission (LWFC) meeting in order to be taken under consideration.
Written public comments can be submitted to Randy Myers, Wildlife Division, LDWF, PO Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000. Public comments may also be submitted by attending the April 2 LWFC meeting in Baton Rouge or one of the public hearings on the proposed hunting seasons to be held across the state in March.
Public meetings will be held at the following locations:
- * Alexandria: March 11 at 6 p.m. at the Alexandria City Hall Building located on Murray St.
- * Winnsboro: March 11 at 7 p.m. at the Winnsboro City Court Building located at 1308 Cornell St.
- * Houma: March 12 at 6 p.m. at the Houma Municipal Auditorium located at 880 Verret St.
- * Ruston: March 17 at 6:30 p.m. at the Ruston Civic Center located on N. Trenton St.
- * Slidell: March 18 at 6:30 p.m. at the Slidell City Auditorium located at 2056 Second St.
- * Opelousas: March 19 at 6 p.m. at the Yambilee Festival Building located at 1939 W. Landry.
- * Baton Rouge: March 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the LDWF Headquarters Building located 2000 Quail Dr.
For more information, contact Randy Myers at 225-765-2359 or email@example.com.