Ontario Deer and Moose Archery Hunting Dates
Hunters in Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) 65 are reminded of the following important dates:
For the fall 2007 deer hunting season in WMU 65:
- * The first deer archery season opens on October 1 and runs to October 4.
- * The deer archery season then closes for a 10-day period from October 5 to 14 to allow for the archery moose season described below.
- * The deer archery season opens again on October 15 and runs to November 4, and also runs from November 19 to December 2 and from December 10 to 31.
There are two seasons for hunting moose in WMU 65. Both seasons are for archery only.
- * A three-day archery season runs from October 5 to 7 for disabled resident hunters who received an adult validation tag for moose.
- * A seven-day archery season runs from October 8 to 14 and is open to all resident hunters who received an adult validation tag for moose.
The ministry reminds moose archery hunters that:
- * A valid WMU 65 adult moose tag or partner tag AND a valid Ontario moose licence are required to hunt any moose in WMU 65.
- * Applicants who were successful in obtaining either a bull or cow moose validation tag in WMU 65 are allowed with their partner to harvest either one adult moose as stated on the tag OR one calf moose.
- * Only the holder of the validation tag may attach the game seal to the harvested moose.
- * To hunt moose on private or municipal land in WMU 65, hunters must carry with them the written permission of the landowner. Please note that Agreement Forests such as Larose Forest are municipal land and written permission to hunt is required.