Ontario 2009-10 Hunting Regulations Summary Available
Ontario's 2009-10 Hunting Regulations Summary is now available online, www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/FW/Publication/MNR_E001275P.html.
Important dates to remember this year are:
- * Monday, April 27 – the start of wild turkey hunting season.
- * Tuesday, June 30 – the deadline for applying to the Antlerless Deer Draw. This is a month earlier than in the past and will help ensure that hunters receive their deer validation tags sooner.
As well, new spring and fall wild turkey seasons in southern Ontario and new deer hunting seasons across northern Ontario will provide more hunting opportunities.
The guide will be available at hunting license issuers across the province next week.
"We want to keep wildlife thriving in Ontario and give hunters the best possible opportunities, now and in the future. Thriving wild turkey and deer populations in some areas mean we can offer hunters new opportunities in southern and northern Ontario." – Donna Cansfield, Minister of Natural Resources
- * Each year, wild turkey season starts on April 25, or the following Monday if April 25 falls on a weekend. Starting the season on a weekday means fewer hunters will be out at the very beginning of the season. That helps minimizes potential conflicts with others who are enjoying the wilderness.
- * Hunters can apply to the Antlerless Deer Draw 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from now until June 30, by calling 1-800-288-1155.
- * All revenue from sales of hunting and fishing licences in Ontario is used for wildlife and fisheries management.