NJ App Period for Turkey and Deer Now Open
The Fall Turkey Season and Special Area Deer Seasons Permit Application period opened on August 1st and will close at 11:59 pm on September 6, 2009. Applications can be made at any license agent or on-line from any computer with an internet connection. Successful applicants will be notified during the week of September 21. Applicants can review their lottery application and see lottery results at www.wildlifelicense.com/nj/.
Successful applicants are reminded they must claim awarded permits prior to the 11:59 p.m. deadline on Sunday, October 11. All unclaimed permits will be returned to the quota and become available on a first come first serve basis for over the counter sales. There are no exceptions.
All leftover and unclaimed permits will be available on a first come first serve basis beginning at 10:00 a.m. on TUESDAY, October 13. Leftover permits can be purchased at License Agents and/or at www.wildlifelicense.com/nj/. Permits will be available as long as the permit supply lasts or the season ends. If you decide to use the Internet you cannot print the permits from home. They must be mailed, and can take 7 - 10 business days (additional shipping charges apply.)
FALL TURKEY INFORMATION:
Fall Turkey Season is open for the following Areas only: 1-5, 8, 9, 11 and 20-22.
Turkey Hunters should note that there have been some significant changes to the Fall Turkey Season:
- 1. Turkey Hunting Areas 6, 7 and 10 no longer have a Fall Turkey Season.
- 2. Turkey Hunting Area 22 is open for Fall Turkey Season. The permit quota is 100.
- 3. There has been a change in the boundaries between Turkey Hunting Areas 15, 20 and 21. The southern portion of Area 15 has been divided into Areas 20 and 21. Areas 20 and 21 have increased permit quotas as a result. Area 20's permit quota is 750 and Area 21 now has 200 permits available. New boundary descriptions can be found in the Hunting Issue of the Fish and Wildlife Digest, which comes out in late August.
DEER PERMIT INFORMATION:
Deer Hunters should note that there is a zone boundary change between Zones 23 and 25. New boundary descriptions can also be found on the Division's website at www.NJFishandWildlife.com/derzones.htm or in the Hunting Issue of the Fish and Wildlife Digest, which comes out in late August.
There are only 8 Special Areas that have a permit lottery this year. These include:
- 37 - Fort Dix - Bow, Muzzleloader and Shotgun Permit Seasons
- 38 - Great Swamp NWR - Muzzleloader and Shotgun Permit Seasons
- 56 - Forsythe NWR - Shotgun Permit Season only
- 57 - Forsythe NWR - Bow, Muzzleloader and Shotgun Permit Seasons
- 58 - Forsythe NWR - Bow, Muzzleloader and Shotgun Permit Seasons
- 61 - Atlantic County Parks - Bow, Muzzleloader and Shotgun Permit Seasons
- 64 - Monmouth Battlefield State Park - Shotgun Permit Season only
- 70 - Forsythe NWR - Bow, Muzzleloader and Shotgun Permit Seasons
All other Deer Management Zones will be available for Over-the-Counter sales beginning at 10:00 am on Tuesday, October 13.