The Next Pure Michigan Hunt Winner Could Be You
Would you like to hunt elk and bear, along with other species in Michigan next year? You can if you win one of three Pure Michigan Hunt (PMH) packages. However, to win you need to apply. Applications for the 2013 drawing are now available for purchase. You can purchase an unlimited number of $4 applications for Michigan's "Hunt of a Lifetime" from now until Dec. 31. Three winners will be drawn to win the ultimate prize package of licenses to hunt elk, bear, turkey, deer and waterfowl, plus various hunting merchandise yet to be determined. Dollars generated from this opportunity fund wildlife habitat management here in Michigan. Wildlife management in Michigan is funded by the users.
The three recent winners - Brad L. Belcher from Howell, Mark A. Schulz from southeast Michigan, and Dan A. Beaudoin from Waterford - were announced Feb. 9, 2012. In addition to their hunting licenses for elk, bear, turkey, deer and managed waterfowl, the three winners received the following prize package from Michigan companies and organizations:
- Ameristep: Brickhouse Groundblinds
- Darton Archery: 2012 Scorpion II Crossbows packages
- Ducks Unlimited Michigan Chapter: One year subscription and duck decoy
- Michigan Gun Owners: 30.06 Savage Arms rifle
- Michigan United Conservation Clubs: One year subscription youth and adult magazine
- MOR Archery: Nine Square Target Systems
- National Wild Turkey Federation, Michigan Chapter: Custom Box calls, hunting vests, turkey patches
- Northwoods Wholesale Outlets: Soroc sports sleds
- Quality Deer Management Association, Michigan Chapter: QDM start-up package
"When you are buying your new 2012 licenses, buy yourself a couple Pure Michigan Hunt applications," said DNR Wildlife Chief Russ Mason. "You could win every limited-access hunt the state of Michigan has to offer. We can't wait to hear the recent winners' stories of this spring turkey season. Last year's hunters had a blast."
You can purchase Pure Michigan Hunt applications anywhere DNR licenses are sold or you can purchase one online at www.mdnr-elicense.com. For more information on the PMH, visit www.michigan.gov/puremichiganhunt. The 2013 prize package of merchandise is currently being put together, and will be posted on the PMH website soon.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnr.