Nebraska GPC Posts January Events Calendar
There are a number of outdoor events and activities on tap across Nebraska this winter. Here are some dates to be aware of in January.
- Jan. 1-15 – Late firearm deer season – Season choice permits.
- Jan. 6 – Close of light goose season. Season reopens Jan. 26.
- Jan 14 – Close of duck season, High Plains.
- Jan. 15 – Close of Gifford Wildlife Management Area deer season.
- Jan. 18 – Close of Canada and brant goose season, North Central Unit.
- Jan. 19 – Close of special crow season (Buffalo, Phelps, Harlan, Franklin, Kearney, Dawson and Lincoln counties).
- Jan. 20 – Open of statewide crow season.
- Jan. 20 – Cowboy Poetry and Music Jam – Bowring Ranch State Historical Park, 2:30 p.m., bring a dish for potluck supper, call (308) 684-3428.
- Jan. 23 – Close of Canada and brant goose season, East Unit.
- Jan. 31 – Close of squirrel season.
- Jan. 31 – Close of pheasant, quail and partridge season.