Nebraska Considers Increasing Rates on Some Permits

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission will consider increases in some hunting and fishing permit fees at a May 24 meeting in Brady. The permits under consideration have not been raised since 2002. If approved, the increases will become effective Jan.1, 2008.

Funding for the Commission is 85 percent by licenses, permits and use fees such as camping, cabin rentals and horseback riding. The remaining 15 percent is appropriated by the Legislature from the general fund.

The permit fees and increases under consideration are:

  • Permit 2007 Cost 2008 Proposed Cost
  • Resident Hunt $12.00 $14.00
  • Nonresident Hunt $68.00 $81.00
  • Nonresident Youth Hunt $12.00 $14.00
  • Fishing Permit
  • *Includes cost of Aquatic Habitat Stamp which must be purchased at the same time
  • *Resident Fish $21.00 $26.00
  • *Nonresident Fish $51.00 $58.00
  • Resident 1-Day Fish $7.00 $7.50
  • Nonresident 1-Day Fish $9.00 $9.50
  • *Resident 3-Day Fish $16.00 $20.00
  • *Nonresident 3-Day Fish $20.00 $25.00
  • Paddlefish Application Fees
  • Resident Paddlefish Archery $5.00 $6.50
  • Nonresident Paddlefish Archery $6.50
  • Resident Paddlefish Snagging $5.00 $6.50
  • Nonresident Paddlefish Snagging $5.00 $6.50
  • Combination Hunting & Fishing Permits
  • Resident Fish/Hunt $31.00 $37.50
  • Aquatic Habitat Stamp Incorporated in $7.50
  • Habitat Stamp $13.00 $16.00
  • Resident Spring Turkey Firearm $21.00 $24.00
  • Resident Spring Turkey Archery $21.00 $24.00
  • Elk Applications $8.50
  • Resident Fall Turkey Firearm $21.00 $24.00
  • Resident Fall Turkey Archery $21.00 $24.00
  • Big Horn Sheep Applications $20.00 $25.00
  • Spring Turkey - Limited Landowner $11.00 $12.50
  • Fall Turkey – Limited Landowner $11.00 $12.50
  • Lifetime Habitat Stamp $260.00 $320.00
  • Miscellaneous Permits
  • Hunting Coyotes from Aircraft $7.00 $8.50
  • Raptor Permits
  • Resident Age 14-17 years $14.00 $17.00
  • Resident Age 18 years and older $40.00 $46.00
  • Resident Captive Propagation $200.00 $230.00
  • Recall Pens $13.00 $15.00
  • Captive Wildlife Permit $25.00 $30.00
  • Captive Wildlife Auction $50.00 $65.00
  • Controlled Shooting Area License $130.00 $149.50
  • Nonresident Controlled Shooting License $11.00 $13.00
  • Taxidermist Permit $7.00 $8.50
  • Bait Vendor
  • Resident Bait Vendor $32.00 $37.00
  • Nonresident Bait Vendor $200.00 $230.00
  • Commercial Seining Vendor Permit
  • Resident (500 foot seine, tramel, 10 hoop) $85.00 $98.00
  • Resident (additional seine) $25.00 $29.00
  • Resident (additional hoop) $3.00 $3.50
  • Nonresident (500 foot seine, tramel, 10 hoop) $170.00 $195.50
  • Nonresident (additional seine) $50.00 $60.00
  • Nonresident (additional hoop) $6.00 $7.00
  • Nonresident Fish Dealer Permit $65.00 $75.00
  • Aquaculturist Permit $65.00 $75.00
  • Commercial Put and Take Fishery License $65.00 $75.00
  • Boat Registration (3-Year Fee)
  • Class I $20.00 $23.00
  • Class II $40.00 $46.00
  • Class III $60.00 $67.50
  • Class IV $100.00 $115.00
  • Boat Dealer Registration $40.00 $46.00

County Issuance Fee on each $3.00 $4.00 * All fees include $1.00 agent fee