Montana Seeking Public Comment on Several Items
The Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission is seeking public comment on several recent proposals.
The proposals, and comment due dates, include:
- maintaining the 2010 spring turkey quotas and limits for the 2011 season; comment by Jan. 14, 2011.
- closing bighorn sheep hunting in 2011 in southwestern Montana hunting district 213 due to a pneumonia outbreak; comment by Jan. 14, 2011.
- limiting either-sex elk permits in HD 250 to 25 for 2011; comment by Jan. 14, 2011.
- allowing up to five hunters to apply as a party for certain hunting licenses and permits; comment by Jan. 14, 2011.
- moving up the antlered deer and antlered elk special permit application deadline to March 15, from June 1; comment by Feb. 1, 2011.
Comments must be received by 5 p.m. on the due date. To comment, visit FWP's website at fwp.mt.gov. Click "For Hunters." Written comments may be sent to: FWP-Wildlife Bureau, Attn: Public Comment, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701. For questions not covered on the website, call 406-444-2612.
Related links-To comment on these proposals: http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/default.html