Montana Fall Turkey Applications Due August 1
Hunters planning to pursue wild turkeys in western Montana this fall must apply for a special permit by Aug. 1.
The Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will consider final fall turkey seasons and permit quotas at its July 13 meeting in Helena.
Prospective fall turkey hunters interested in these permits must apply in writing, at a regional office for which permits are offered, or online. Mail-in applications must be posted marked by Aug. 1. Online applications will be available beginning July 7 and must be completed by 11:45 p.m. on Aug. 1.
Here are the proposed limited permit areas, season dates, and mail-in application information for each region:
Northwestern Montana - Region 1 - Sept. 1 - Jan. 1, 2007
*Lincoln County - 182-50 - 150 permits proposed.
*West Clark Fork - 183-50 - 150 permits proposed.
* Send application and $5 fee to Montana FWP, Turkey Drawing, 490 North Meridian Rd., Kalispell, MT 59901.
Western Montana - Region 2 - Sept. 1 - Jan. 1, 2007
*Portion of Ravalli County - 285-50 - 300 permits proposed.
*Send application and $5 fee to Montana FWP, Turkey Drawing, 3201 Spurgin Rd., Missoula, MT 59804.
Southwestern Montana - Region 3 - Sept. 1 - Jan. 1, 2007
*Beaverhead, Silver Bow, Jefferson, Broadwater, Madison and Gallatin counties - 395-50 - 10 permits proposed. Permits not valid on Canyon Ferry Wildlife Management Area.
* Youth 12-14 years old - Beaverhead, Silver Bow, Jefferson, Broadwater, Madison and Gallatin counties - 395-51 - two permits proposed. Permits not valid on Canyon Ferry WMA.
* Park County - 385-50 - 30 permits proposed.
* Youth 12-14 years old - Park County - 385-51 - two permits proposed.
* Send application and $5 fee to Montana FWP, Turkey Drawing, 1400 S.19th, Bozeman, MT 59718.
Applicants must have a 2006 Conservation License and include their printed name and their signature, address, date of birth, ALS number, area applied for, and a $5 check, payable to FWP, for the non-refundable drawing fee. Successful applicants will be notified by mail and will be required to purchase a valid fall turkey license before hunting.