Minnesota Requesting Input on Hunting and Trapping Regulations
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will take public comments and recommendations about hunting and trapping season regulations during a series of meetings around Minnesota in late February and early March.
Each year, the DNR holds a series of public meetings across the state to gauge hunter opinions about regulations, seasons and other wildlife management issues. Those who cannot attend the meetings are urged to e-mail comments to email@example.com.
"These meetings are an opportunity for hunters to learn about and comment on issues that will affect them in the coming year," said Steve Merchant, DNR wildlife programs manager. "We encourage anyone with an interest in hunting issues to attend."
MEETING DATES AND LOCATIONS
Unless noted, all public input meetings will be held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. The meeting in St. Paul will be "open house" style where participants can come at any time during the two hours to discuss issues and offer comments.
Dates and locations of the 2007 hunting and trapping season input meetings are:
- Feb. 26: Detroit Lakes, Minnesota Community and Technical College
- Feb. 27: Glenwood, Minnewaska High School cafeteria
- Feb. 28: Brainerd, Northland Arboretum, 6-9 p.m.
- March 1: St. Paul, DNR/PCA Cafeteria, 500 Lafayette Road
- March 6: Rochester, People's Coop
- March 8: Little Falls, Morrison County Courthouse
- March 13: Slayton, Murray County Central High School auditorium
- March 14: Austin, J.C. Hormel Nature Center
Written comments may also be mailed to: Season Comments, DNR Section of Wildlife, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4007.