Maine Moose Lottery Applications Available Online
The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife now is accepting Moose Lottery Permit Applications online at www.mefishwildlife.com.
This year, as a result of a need to reduce spending, the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife will no longer be printing and mailing paper applications for the Moose Lottery.
"Everyone is encouraged to help the Department in its efforts to save money by applying for the 2009 Moose Lottery by using the online application process," said Commissioner Roland "Danny" Martin. "The online application process is quick and easy. Plus, applicants will get an instant confirmation of their entry into the lottery."
Because of the conversion to an online application process, IF&W is extending the deadline for applications by six weeks. This year's online moose lottery application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on May 15.
Tips on how to apply. If an applicant does not have access to a computer, IF&W offers the following suggestions:
- * Use a computer at work during lunch or a break;
- * Use a computer at a local library or an Internet café;
- * Ask a friend or relative with a computer for help.
If an applicant still is unable to apply for the moose lottery online, the Department suggests:
- * Printing out a paper application from IF&W’s web site at www.mefishwildlife.com, fill it out, and mail it with your payment to the Department;
- * Coming to IF&W's main office to fill out a paper application. The address is 284 State Street in Augusta;
- * Sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to IF&W at the address below. Department personnel will mail a paper application that can be filled out and mailed with your payment to IF&W.
The address is:
Moose Permit Application Request
Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
41 SHS, 284 State St.
Augusta, ME 04333-0041
Completed paper moose lottery applications must be postmarked by April 1 or delivered to IF&W's Augusta office by 5 p.m. on April 1.
IF&W and its licensing partner, InforMe, have made it easier to enter the 2009 Moose Lottery online.
Here's how the online process works:
For an application, visit www.mefishwildlife.com and click on "2009 Moose Permit Lottery."
- * If an applicant applied for a moose permit last year, all of his/her information is pre-filled into this year's online application. To start, an applicant must type in his/her first name, last name and date of birth as you printed it on last year's application. The system will look up the applicant's information. Applicants are asked to review their personal data and make any necessary changes. It's easy!
- * If an applicant fills out an application this year – and happens to move or change his/her phone number before the application deadline – the applicant can go online and edit the previously submitted moose permit application.
- * Once a person has filled out an application, he/she will be able to print out a confirmation page. Also, a confirmation will be e-mailed to the applicant. This way the individual has a printed record of the day/time of the application as well as all of the information he/she provided to us.
Who is eligible to apply:
- * A person may only submit one application for the moose lottery per year. If it is found that an applicant has applied more than one time in a year, that applicant will be disqualified.
- * You are eligible to obtain a Maine Big Game Hunting License or will be eligible to obtain a Maine Big Game Hunting License by the opening day of the Moose hunting season. Please note: Although a junior hunting license can be pre-issued before the holder is 10 years old, be advised that the license and permit cannot be used until the youngster is 10 years old.
- * You did not obtain a permit in 2007 or 2008 by lottery drawing.