Louisiana Youth Lottery Deer Hunt
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) has scheduled six youth deer lottery hunts on Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) across the state for the 2006-07 deer-hunting season.
Applicants must be between 8-15 years old, except for the Dewey W. Wills, Atchafalaya Delta and Pointe-aux-Chenes WMA hunts that require applicants to be under 16 years of age. Chosen applicants will be notified by mail after a random computer drawing and must also bring an escort that is at least 18 years of age to the lottery hunt.
Applications are available at LDWF's Web site at www.wlf.louisiana.gov by highlighting "Hunting" from the drop down menu and then by highlighting "WMAS/Refuges" and lastly by clicking "Lottery Hunt Applications." Successful applicants will be notified by mail with their lottery permits. Applications are also available at LDWF's regional offices.
2006 Youth Deer Lottery Hunt Applications Page
The following WMAs are included in this year's youth deer lottery season:
· Sherburne WMA in St. Martin and Iberville parishes - Applications are due by Sept. 6. Hunt dates are on Dec. 20, 22, 27 and 29.
· Floy McElroy WMA in Richland Parish - Applications are due by Sept. 6. Hunt dates are on Oct. 21-22, Nov. 4-5 and Nov. 11-12.
· Dewey W. Wills WMA in Catahoula and LaSalle parishes - Applications are due by Oct. 13. Hunt dates are on Dec. 9 and 10, 2006 and Jan. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, and 21, 2007.
· Tunica Hills WMA in West Feliciana Parish - Applications are due by Oct. 6. Hunt dates are on Nov. 4 and 5.
· Atchafalaya Delta WMA in St. Mary Parish - Applications are due by Aug. 31. Hunt dates are on Oct 14-15 and 28-29.
· Pointe-aux-Chenes WMA in Terrebonne and LaFourche parishes - Applications are due by Aug. 31. Hunt dates are on Oct. 7-8 and 14-15.
Only one application per youth hunter can be submitted for each WMA deer lottery hunt. A non-refundable $5 check or money order made payable to the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is required with each application. Applications can be mailed with the title of the lottery hunt on the Attn: line. Example, Attn: Lottery Youth Deer Hunt - Floy McElroy WMA, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, P.O. Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898.
Youth hunters must possess a hunter safety certification or proof of successful completion of a hunter safety course. However, this requirement is waived if the accompanying adult is in possession of a hunter safety certification, a valid hunting license or proof of successful completion of a hunter safety course.
For more information, contact Dave Moreland at 225-765-2348 or email@example.com.