Leupold's New Compact Rangefinder
Leupold's new RX-1000 compact rangefinders are designed to deliver a brighter image and precise long-range measurement in the smallest package available for hunters and shooters.
A digital laser rangefinder, the pocket-sized RX-1000 measures only 3.8 inches long and weighs just 7.8 ounces. Its fully multicoated lens system produces a bright, pristine image with three times greater light transmission than traditional LCD rangefinder models. Actual 6x magnification and a vivid red OLED display also make it easier to spot and range game, even through heavy timber.
The advanced RX-1000 TBR models also offer True Ballistic RangeÂ® technology to help place shots with exceptional accuracy.
RX-1000 and RX-1000 TBR units are weatherproof and rugged, with a solid all-metal frame and rubber armor in a black finish. The RX-1000 TBR is also available in Mossy Oak Break-Up camouflage.
"Our new RX-1000 raises the bar on compact rangefinder function and performance, giving hunters and shooters a handy new tool to easily spot targets and range them with more precision," commented Mike Slack, Leupold's marketing communications manager. "At the same time, the RX-1000 is competitively priced, making it a great value."
Maximum range of the RX-1000 is 1,000 yards (914.4 meters) on reflective targets. Minimum range is 10 yards (9.1 meters). Measurements are provided in yards or meters.
Other key features include:
- * OLED display has variable brightness settings, making it easier to see in dim light than LCD displays typical of most other rangefinders
- * advanced laser and processor to generate extremely fast, reliable readings
- * fast-focus eyepiece with precision clicks
- * redesigned Quick Set Menu provides on-screen prompts for a more user-friendly interface
- * selectable reticles - hunters can choose the reticle best suited to the terrain and game, from elk to small varmints
- * fold-down rubber eyecups accommodate users with or without glasses
- * USB port compatible - integrated data port to allow exclusive software upgrades
The RX-1000 TBR models can automatically calculate the shot angle and provide the True Ballistic Range rather than the straight-line distance to the target. Optimized for most popular bow and rifle trajectories, the rifle settings also work in conjunction with Leupold's Ballistic Aiming System riflescope reticles for exceptionally accurate shot placement.
Each unit comes with a Cordura case and CR2 battery. For more information, go to www.leupold.com or call 1-800-LEUPOLD.
Leupold & Stevens, Inc., the most prominent American-owned and -operated optics company, employs more than 650 people in its state-of-the-art Beaverton, Ore., facility. Leupold is a fifth-generation, family-owned company whose products are sold worldwide to hunters, wildlife observers, competitive shooters, law enforcement officers and special operations military personnel. The product line includes rifle, handgun and spotting scopes; binoculars; rangefinders; flashlights; mounting systems; and optical tools and accessories.