Kansas Nonresident Leftover Deer Tags Available June15th

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP) has announced that leftover nonresident deer permits will be sold online and over-the-counter on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 12:01 a.m. June 15. After the initial nonresident deer permit drawing in May, KDWP had 4,395 permits left over in 11 deer management units for the 2011 season. These permits will go on sale for those nonresidents who were unsuccessful in the initial drawing or did not apply.

With these permits, the hunter designates unit and equipment/season choice, as well as one adjacent unit, at time of purchase. They will be sold to any nonresident who does not already have a 2011 permit at license vendors, online at the KDWP website (under "License/Permits"), or by phoning 620-672-5911 and asking for Licensing.

The number of leftover Nonresident Whitetail Either Sex Deer permits includes the following: Unit 6 — 259; Unit 8 — 448; Unit 9 — 326; Unit 10 — 590; Unit 11 — 872; Unit 12 — 488; Unit 13 — 435; and Unit 14 — 628; Unit 15 — 181; Unit 16 — 118; and Unit 18 — 50.

Hunters who purchase a leftover permit will lose any preference points they may have accumulated for next year's drawing. Applicants who were successful in the nonresident drawing may not purchase a leftover permit. No hunter may purchase more than one permit that allows the take of an antlered deer. An antlered deer permit is required before purchasing a Whitetail Antlerless-Only Deer permit.

Updated information on the number of permits leftover may be found on the KDWP website, www.kdwp.state.ks.us. Click "Hunting/Applications and Fees/Deer/Quotas and Draw Stats." Those without internet access may phone 620-672-5911 and ask for Licensing.


groovy mike's picture

If I were close enough to drive to Kansas I would be all over it

If I were close enough to drive to Kansas I would be all over this.  It sounds like a great opportunity for someone who hasn’t drawn their western tags that they applied for.  I'm already hunting in Washington and New York this fall so I really don’t have the time or money to plan a hunt in Kansas as well even if there are leftover nonresident deer permits.  But thanks for sharing the information from the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks announcement with all of us here at BigGameHunt.Net.  Hopefully someone who sees it here can make good use of the information.