Indiana Offers Venison Workshops in September
Indiana DNR's Division of Fish & Wildlife is partnering with the Purdue Cooperative Extension Service in sponsoring venison workshops in September.
A deer will be skinned, butchered, and prepared in a variety of ways to taste, during each workshop. Food safety and handling procedures, as well as an update on deer health issues will be presented.
Dates and locations are listed below. Register by calling the appropriate phone number.
- Sept. 6 - Fayette County Fairgrounds, Connersville, (765) 825-8502
- Sept. 7 - Howard County Fairgrounds, Greentown, (765) 456-2313
- Sept. 8 - Kosciusko County Fairgrounds, Warsaw, (574) 372-2340
- Sept. 10 - Bass Pro Shops, Clarksville, (812) 218-5500
- Sept. 17 - Fort Harrison State Park, Indianapolis - register online at www.hoosieroutdoorexperience.in.gov
The workshops at Bass Pro Shops on Sept. 10 and at the Hoosier Outdoor Experience on Sept. 17 are free of charge. Adult admission is $15 and children are free of charge at the other three locations.