Idaho Mtn. Lion Workshop May 5-8th
The Ninth Mountain Lion Workshop will be May 5-8 at the Sun Valley Resort hosted by the Idaho Department of Fish and Game.
The theme for the 2008 workshop is "Cougars: Past, Present and Future Challenges." The keynote speaker will be world-renowned big cat expert Maurice Hornocker.
The workshop will celebrate the rich history of cougar research with origins in the Idaho River of No Return Wilderness.
The workshop also will provide a forum for researchers, managers, academicians, and other mountain lion enthusiasts from across western North America to exchange recent advances in research and management. This workshop will promote communication and cooperation among agencies, organizations and individuals.
The tentative agenda is:
- * Monday, May 5: Evening registration and social.
- * Tuesday, May 6: Registration, opening comments, invited speakers and technical sessions.
- * Wednesday, May 7: Technical sessions and evening banquet with keynote speaker.
- * Thursday, May 8: Technical session in morning. Afternoon birding-waterfowl field trip to Camas Prairie.
- * Friday, May 9: Field tour of Sawtooth wolf area and wolf management discussions.
To reserve rooms at the Sun Valley Resort, call 800-786-8259. For information on a shuttle from the Boise airport to the workshop call 877-622-8267.
For information visit Website at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/lion/. For more information contact David Smith firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Nadeau email@example.com, or contact them at 208-334-2920.