Hunters Have Through July 13 to Claim Controlled Hunt Permits

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Hunters who drew a controlled hunt permit for deer, elk, fall bear or antelope must pay for it before August 1 or else they will lose it. The permits can be purchased at any license vendor or Fish and Game office.

All unclaimed and leftover permits will be made available for a second drawing. The application period begins on August 5 and lasts through the fifteenth of the month. The drawing will be held on August 20.

In the past, leftover and unclaimed permits have been sold first-come, first-served. In order to make sure everyone has an equal chance, the Fish and game Commission voted earlier this year to have two drawings for controlled hunt permits and two for trophy species.

The application fee for the second drawing is $6 and hunters who were unsuccessful in the first drawing must reapply. Those who draw will pay an additional $7.50 for the permit.

Any permits left after the second drawing will go on sale on August 25 and will be sold first-come, first-served. Nonresident quotas and waiting period restrictions do not apply in the second drawing or leftover sales.