Hunters can Swap or Transfer any Deer or Bonus Permits

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Deer hunters who have received an Any Deer or Bonus Permit can transfer or swap their permit online at

An Any Deer or Bonus Permit can be transferred to a junior hunter or a person 65 years of age or older. This Any Deer Permit can also be transferred to a person with ambulatory disabilities. In order to complete this online you need your permit as well as the hunting license number, the name, mailing address, and the date of birth of the person you want to transfer it to. There is no charge to transfer an Any Deer or Bonus Permit.

If you want to swap an Any Deer Permit or a Bonus Permit so you can hunt in another wildlife management district, you will need your Any Deer or Bonus Permit, and the name, mailing address and the date of birth of the person you wish to swap with. The cost for swapping permits is $5.00. Permit holders who wish to swap with someone need to do their own work in identifying and contacting potential hunters to swap with.

These transfers or swaps must be completed online at by 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2003. You can also do this in person or by mail. Transfer and swap request forms must be received by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, 284 State Street, State House Station 41, Augusta, ME 04333. Please allow one week for processing.