Hunter Education Certificates Available by Internet

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Hunters who need proof they've passed the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission's (FWC's) Hunter Education Course now can print out duplicate certificates from the FWC Web site.

Anyone born on or after June 1, 1975 needs proof of passing an approved hunter education course before purchasing a hunting license in Florida and numerous other states. In the past, hunters who lost their certificates had to call the Hunter Education Office to arrange for the agency to mail a replacement.

"Now, they can just go to our Web site, click on 'hunting' and scroll down to 'hunter education,'" hunter education director Cardinal Collins said. "This will be much faster and more convenient. This new feature is part of our continuous efforts to improve customer service within the FWC."

The FWC course satisfies the requirements for all states and Canadian provinces that require hunter education courses for sportsmen.

The FWC's Web site is at Look for the link in the E-Services Online box.