How to Apply for a Bison Hunting License
The Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission approved a new hunting season for bison that migrate out of Yellowstone National Park. It’s the first bison hunt authorized by the commission since 1990.
The commission authorized 10 bison-hunting licenses for use Jan. 15-Feb. 15, 2005.
In subsequent years, more or fewer hunting licenses could be authorized for a season that would run from Nov. 15 to Feb. 15.
Montana’s 10 bison hunting licenses will be available through a special drawing.
How to apply
* All applications must be received by 5 p.m. MST on Monday, Jan. 3, 2005, by FWP’s Special Licensing, Helena, Montana Applications will not be accepted after 5 p.m. MST, Monday, January 3, 2005.
* Applicants must have a valid 2004 Conservation license.
* A $3 nonrefundable drawing fee must accompany the application.
Applications and Regulations
* Printed copies of the applications and regulations will be available Friday from most FWP offices and by Wednesday, Dec. 22 from most license providers.
* The drawing is scheduled for Jan. 7.
* Successful applicants will be notified by phone.
* Drawing results will also be available via FWP’s web site.
* FWP will provide each successful applicant with license-purchase information. The cost is $75 for residents and $750 for nonresidents. Hunters must purchase their l icense before they hunt.