Georgia Schedules Public Meetings Regarding Hunting Regulations
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources' Wildlife Resources Division will hold eight public meetings across the state to accept public input for consideration in the development of hunting regulations for the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 hunting seasons. Public input is an important and valuable part of this process. The Department is interested in input that seeks to simplify regulations and encourage the recruitment of young hunters and retention of existing hunters.
Proposed changes to hunting regulations will be considered by the Board of Natural Resources in May 2011. Those interested are encouraged to bring these meetings to the attention of others that also may be interested in participating.
All meetings will begin at 7 p.m. on the following dates and at the following locations:
January 3, 2011
- Albany Technical College-Kirkland Conference Center (1704 S. Slappey Blvd., Albany, GA)
- Little Ocmulgee State Park (80 Live Oak Trail, Helena, GA); Conference Room
January 4, 2011
- Augusta Technical College Auditorium (388 Tech Drive, NW, Thomson, GA
- The Colonnade Center (264 Catoosa Circle, Ringgold, GA)
January 5, 2011
- College of Coastal Georgia Auditorium (3700 Altama Ave., Brunswick, GA)
- Georgia Forestry Commission (5645 Riggins Mill Rd., Dry Branch, GA)
January 6, 2011
- Franklin Springs City Hall (2135 East Main Street, Franklin Springs, GA)
- Smyrna Community Center – Banquet Hall (200 Village Green Circle, Smyrna, GA)
Any participant at a meeting may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either orally or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak. Participants must register upon arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement. Those unable to attend a meeting may submit written statements by January 14, 2011. Statements should be mailed to:
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Wildlife Resources Division
Game Management Section
Attn: John Bowers
2070 U.S. Highway 278, SE
Social Circle, Georgia 30025
These meeting sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Brandon Anderson at (770) 761-3045 no later than Dec. 27, 2010.
For more information on the scheduled public meetings, visit the Wildlife Resources Division Website at www.gohuntgeorgia.com or contact the Hunter Services at (770) 761-3045.