Georgia Holding Meetings Regarding 2007 Hunting
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Wildlife Resources Division (WRD) will hold eight public meetings across the state to accept public input on the development of hunting regulations for the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 hunting seasons. Any changes in hunting regulations will be considered by the DNR Board of Natural Resources for approval in May 2007. Those interested are encouraged to bring these meetings to the attention of others that also may be interested in participating.
All of the meetings will begin at 7 p.m. and will take place on the following dates and at the following locations:
- January 8, 2007: Warnell School of Forest Resources/University of Georgia/Building 2, Room 100 in Athens, Georgia
- January 8, 2007: Colquitt County Agricultural Complex Building at 1350 Veterans Parkway North in Moultrie, Georgia
- January 9, 2007: Paulding Senior/Community Center at 54 Industrial Way in Dallas, Georgia
- January 9, 2007: Currahee Conference Center/North Georgia Technical College at 8989 Hwy. 17 South in Toccoa, Georgia
- January 10, 2007: Courthouse Jury - Assembly Room 101 at South Peterson Avenue in Douglas, Georgia
- January 11, 2007: Georgia Wildlife Federation at 11600 Hazelbrand Road in Covington, Georgia
- January 11, 2007: Georgia Public Safety Training Center at 1000 Indian Springs Drive in Forsyth, Georgia
- January 11, 2007: Coastal Georgia Community College at 3700 Altama Avenue in Brunswick, Georgia
Any participant at a meeting may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either orally or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak. Participants must register on arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement. Those unable to attend a meeting may submit written statements (deadline Jan. 17, 2006). Such statements should be mailed to:
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Wildlife Resources Division
- Game Management Section
- Attn: John Bowers
- 2070 U.S. Highway 278, SE
- Social Circle, Georgia 30025
These meeting sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Brandon Anderson at the WRD Headquarters Game Management Office at (770) 761-3044 no later than Jan. 4, 2007.
For more information on the scheduled public meetings, visit the WRD website at www.gohuntgeorgia.com or contact the WRD Hunter Services Office at (770) 761-3044.