Feedground Area Elk Hunters Need Extra Permit

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Elk hunters in western Wyoming where elk populations are supplementary fed during the winter on feedgrounds are alerted they will need a special elk management permit in addition to their license beginning this fall.

The $10 special management permit is required for all elk hunters -- resident and nonresident, firearm or archery -- who hunt in areas 70-71, 74-75 and 77-98. The permit is required for all license types: regular and special limited quota and general licenses and reduced price cow/calf.

The permit was established by the Game and Fish Commission to help defray the costs of elk feeding in western Wyoming.

One elk management permit covers all elk areas, and both licenses if a hunter has both a regular and cow/calf license.

The permit needs to be signed across its face to be valid.

The stamp-sized permit is available at G&F offices and license agents across Wyoming.