Elk, Deer, Antelope and Bear Controlled Hunts

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Controlled hunt applications for deer, elk, antelope and black bear can be filed through the last day of May.

Hunters can find an application form on page 21 in the big game proclamation booklet that is currently being delivered to vendors. Hunting rules and seasons can also be found online at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov where hunters will be able to apply for hunts with the use of a credit card.

Applications can be made through the IWILD system at more than 390 license vendors statewide as well as at Fish and Game offices. Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than May 31 and be sent to IDFG Licensing, P.O. Box 25, Boise, Idaho 83707. Applications can also be filed by calling 1-800-554-8685.

Applicants using the web site or phone system will be charged three percent (3%) of the transaction plus a $3.50 convenience fee by the contractors who handle those systems, in addition to the $6.00 application fee. A credit card is required for those using computer or phone. Applications mailed to Fish and Game must be accompanied by a check or money order. Fish and Game offices cannot accept credit card payment.

Hunters must have a hunting license before applying for controlled hunts.

License, application fees and tags cost the same as last year until July 1. On July 1 most fees will take a jump of about 10 percent. Licenses and tags purchased before July 1 are valid through the end of the current calendar year.