Elk, Deer, Antelope and Bear Controlled Hunts

Send by email Printer-friendly version Share this

Controlled hunt applications for deer, elk, antelope and black bear can be filed through the last day of May.

Hunters can find application forms in the big game proclamation booklet recently delivered to license vendors and Fish and Game offices statewide. Hunting rules and seasons can also be found online at this site where hunters will be able to apply for hunts with the use of a credit card.

Applications can be made through the Point of Sale Machine (POSM) system at more than 400 license vendors statewide as well as at Fish and Game offices. Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than May 31 and sent to IDFG, Licensing, P.O. Box 25, Boise, Idaho 83707. Applications can be filed by calling 1-800-554-8685.

Applicants using the web site or phone system will be charged a 3% of the transaction plus $3.50 convenience fee by the contractors who handle those systems, in addition to the $6.50 application fee. A credit card is required for those using computer or phone. Applications mailed to Fish and Game should be accompanied by a check or money order. Fish and Game cannot accept credit card payment.

Hunters must have a hunting license before applying for controlled hunts.

License, application fees and tags cost the same as last year.