Commission Meeting March 21st
The Arizona Game and Fish Commission will meet in Tucson March 21 at the Best Western Inn Suites at 6201 N. Oracle Road. The public session will begin at 9 a.m.
The commission is considering the following agenda items:
- A presentation by Jonathan Silberman, PhD., from Arizona State University on the economic importance of fishing and hunting for the state of Arizona, with breakdowns for each county.
- An update of current issues, planning efforts and proposed projects on state and federal lands in Arizona.
- An update on forest insect and disease conditions and related forest health activities in Arizona.
- A cooperative agreement with the Altar Conservation Alliance for developing a habitat conservation plan for the Altar Valley.
- Notice of final rule making and the economic impact statement for commission's watercraft rules R12-4-504, R12-4-507, R12-4-509 and R12-4-527. - Statewide shooting range project update.
- A memorandum of understanding with Wildlife for Tomorrow to establish the terms of a cooperative partnership on wildlife management activities, public outreach activities and fund-raising initiatives.