Bowhunters Register Online for Prettyboy and Liberty Reservoir Permits
Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) announced today that bow hunters may now self-register on DNR’s website for permits to hunt at the Prettyboy and Liberty Reservoirs in Baltimore and Carroll Counties.
Hunters may continue to self-register by mail. An application form is printed in the “2003-2004 Guide to Hunting & Trapping in Maryland.”
All registrations to hunt with a bow on these watershed properties during the 2003-2004 hunting season must be received by DNR no later than Friday, November 28, 2003.
The Prettyboy and Liberty Reservoirs are owned by the Baltimore City Bureau of Water and Wastewater but are managed for hunting by DNR's Wildlife & Heritage Service. The following rules apply:
- Parking or driving motor vehicles of any kind off hard-surfaced roads is prohibited.
- No fires are permitted at any time on the watershed properties.
- No hunting is permitted within 50 feet of the high-water shoreline.
- No hunting is permitted at Liberty Reservoir south of Liberty Road (Rt. 26) in Baltimore County.
- Hunters must adhere to all regulations established by the Baltimore City Bureau of Water and Wastewater.
- Disposing of refuse and trash in watershed areas is prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted in accordance with the law.
- Although not recommended by the Baltimore City Department of Public Works, using a patented portable tree stand is permitted.
- Masks or other face gear must be removed when leaving the woods and when approaching within 100 yards of another person.
- Permits are valid for taking game by bow only. Hunting waterfowl is prohibited.
To receive maps of the properties, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Attn: Reservoir Map Request
3740 Gwynnbrook Ave.
Owings Mills, MD 21117
For more information about bow hunting at Prettyboy and Liberty Reservoirs, please telephone the Gwynnbrook WMA office at 410-356-9272 Monday through Friday between 7:30 and 11:30 a.m.