Bank-A-Doe is a new program hunters can use in Earn-A-Buck (EAB) zones only (zones 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 36, 41, 49, 50 and 51). The Bank-A-Doe program allows hunters to fulfill the Permit Bow season antlerless requirement in EAB zones with antlerless deer harvested from EAB zones during the regular Fall Bow season.
Hunters who harvest two antlerless deer from any Earn-A-Buck zone during the Fall Bow season may harvest an antlered deer first during the Permit Bow season in an Earn-A-Buck zone. As always, once an antlerless deer is harvested during Fall Bow in any EAB zone, you are eligible for an antlered deer during Fall Bow. However, if you harvest a second antlerless deer during Fall Bow in any EAB zone, you are then eligible to harvest an antlered deer as your first deer during the Permit Bow season in an EAB zone.
Hunters MUST check in two antlerless deer taken during the Fall Bow season at participating check stations to be eligible for this program. These check stations will issue hunters a Bank-A-Doe Harvest Card. Hunters will fill in their personal information and the date, possession seal number and check station used for each of the two antlerless deer harvested during Fall Bow in an EAB zone.
During the Permit Bow season, hunters who have "banked a doe" by harvesting two antlerless deer in EAB zones during Fall Bow are eligible to take an antlered deer first in an EAB zone. They must possess the completed card which is then surrendered, along with the transportation tag and buck stub, when checking in an antlered deer as their first deer during the Permit Bow season from an EAB zone. All three deer (both antlerless deer from the Fall Bow season and the antlered deer from Permit Bow season ONLY if taken as the first deer in an EAB zone) must be checked in at participating check stations only.
Antlerless deer taken from a non-EAB zone do not satisfy the requirement. Antlerless deer taken to non-participating check stations are not eligible for this program. There will be no exceptions made, and hunters are responsible for having their Bank-A-Doe Harvest Card in possession when checking in their antlered deer first during the Permit Bow season in an EAB zone.
Hunters are not required to harvest the two antlerless deer and subsequent antlered deer from the same zone, but all must be from one of the EAB zones.
Participating Bank-A-Doe Check Stations for the 2005-06 Deer Seasons
(Numbers correspond to locations on Bank-a-Doe Check Stations Map)
1. County Line Sport Shop, Hackettstown, Warren County
2. Hi-Way Sport Shop, Washington, Warren County
3. Owl's Nest, Warren Glen, Warren County
4. Gladpack Sunoco, Gladstone, Somerset County
5. Person's Processing, Lebanon, Hunterdon County 6. Neshanic Farm, Home & Garden Center, Neshanic Station, Somerset County
7. Mignella's Hillbilly Hall, Hopewell, Mercer County
8. Sportsmen's Center, Bordentown, Burlington County
9. Mike's Sporting Goods, Hainesport, Burlington County
10. Bordy's Outdoors, Florham Park, Morris County
11. All Season's Sports, Jamesburg, Middlesex County
12. Bill & Ken's Taxidermy, Morganville, Monmouth County
13. Brick Armory, Brick, Ocean County
14. Grizz's Bait & Tackle, Forked River, Ocean County
15. V. Roche & Sons, Whitehouse Station, Hunterdon County