Arizona Spring 2009 Hunt Recommendations Available for Review
The proposed spring hunt recommendations for 2009 spring turkey, javelina, buffalo and bear, as well as the recommendations for 2008–09 waterfowl and snipe seasons, will be available for review at the Arizona Game and Fish Department's regional offices beginning July 28.
These hunt recommendations were formulated according to the hunt guidelines approved by the Arizona Game and Fish Commission in August 2007.
Six open houses will be held at the department's regional offices. At each of the open houses, a knowledgeable staff person will be available to discuss regional hunt recommendations and answer questions. No formal presentation will be provided. The schedule of open houses is:
- * Wednesday, July 30, 6-8 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Kingman regional office, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road, (928) 692-7700.
- * Friday, Aug. 1, 4-6 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Pinetop regional office, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd., (928) 367-4281.
- * Monday, Aug. 4, 6:30-8 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Flagstaff regional office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road, (928) 774-5045.
- * Monday, Aug. 4, 4-6 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Tucson regional office, 555 N. Greasewood Road, (520) 628-5376.
- * Wednesday, Aug. 6, 4-6 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Yuma regional office, 9140 E. 28th St., (928) 342-0091.
- * Thursday, Aug. 7, 3-5 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Mesa regional office, 7200 E. University Drive, (480) 981-9400.
If you are unable to attend one of these open houses, both hunt recommendations will be posted on the department's Web site on Saturday, July 26 and you may download a PDF file to review at your leisure. The recommendations will be posted at www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunt_guidelines.shtml.
The spring big game hunt and fall waterfowl regulations will be presented to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission for consideration during its Aug. 9 meeting in Flagstaff at the Radisson Woodlands Hotel, 1175 West Route 66, Flagstaff, Ariz., 86001. For a full agenda, visit www.azgfd.gov/commission under "Meeting Agenda."
If you still have questions, please call one of our regional offices to discuss before the commission meeting in Flagstaff on Aug. 9.