Arizona Proposed 2012 Elk and Pronghorn Hunt Recommendations are Now Posted Online for Public Review
The public can now view the proposed hunt recommendations for Arizona’s 2012 elk, pronghorn antelope, and population management seasons by visiting www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.
The annual hunt recommendations establish season dates, open areas, permit levels, and legal method of take to meet management objectives based on the hunt guidelines
The Arizona Game and Fish Department will host six open houses at regional offices statewide where the public will also have the opportunity to preview the recommendations. Although no formal presentation will be made at the open houses, a knowledgeable staff person will be available to discuss regional hunt recommendations.
Open house dates, times and locations are:
- Tuesday, Nov. 22, 3-5 p.m. – Pinetop regional office, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
- Monday, Nov. 28, 3-5 p.m., Tucson regional office, 555 N. Greasewood Road
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, 3-5 p.m., Kingman regional office, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, 3-5 p.m. – Yuma regional office, 9140 E. 28th St.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, 3-5 p.m. - Mesa regional office, 7200 E. University Drive
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 3-5 p.m. – Flagstaff regional office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
The proposed hunt recommendations will be presented to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission for consideration during the Saturday, Dec. 3 portion of the commission’s regular meeting in Phoenix at the Game and Fish headquarters at 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix. The meeting agenda is posted at www.azgfd.gov/inside_azgfd/meeting_agenda.shtml.