Arizona 2008-09 Regulations Available for Review
The proposed recommendations for the 2008-09 Arizona hunting and trapping regulations are available for review on the department's Web site and at a series of open houses at the Arizona Game and Fish Department's regional offices.
The annual hunting and trapping regulations establish the seasons, season dates, bag limits, open areas, and hunt permit-tag quantities.
During the regional open houses, no formal presentation will be made. However, a knowledgeable staff person will be available to discuss regional hunt recommendations. The open house schedules are:
- * Monday, April 7, 3-5 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Pinetop regional office, 2878 E. White Mountain Road.
- * Tuesday, April 8, 3-5 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Tucson regional office, 555 N. Greasewood Road.
- * Tuesday, April 8, 6-8 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Kingman regional office, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road.
- * Wednesday, April 9, 3-5 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Mesa regional office, 7200 E. University Drive.
- * Wednesday, April 9, 3-5 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Yuma regional office, 9140 E. 28th St.
- * Thursday, April 10, 6-8 p.m. – Arizona Game and Fish Department Flagstaff regional office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
If you are unable to attend one of these open houses, the 2008-09 hunt recommendations are posted on the Game and Fish Department's Web site and you may download a PDF file to review at your leisure. The recommendations will be posted at www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunt_guidelines.shtml.
The recommendations are scheduled to be presented to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission for consideration during its April 18-19 meeting in Phoenix at the department headquarters at 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix (1.5 miles west of I-17).