Alaska Brown Bear Hunts for Non-Residents Available
Several nonresident brown bear drawing hunts in Unit 23 were undersubscribed during the drawing process. Permits for these brown bear hunts are available on a first-come first-served basis and will be issued 'over-the-counter' at the ADF&G office in Kotzebue. Regulations approved by the Board of Game allow ADF&G to issue surplus permits at the discretion of hunt managers.
- DB771 Unit 23 Guide Use Area 1 3 permits available Nonresidents only
- DB772 Unit 23 Guide Use Area 2 2 permit available Nonresidents only
- DB773 Unit 23 Guide Use Area 3 2 permits available Nonresidents only
- DB774 Unit 23 Guide Use Area 4 2 permits available Nonresidents only
- DB775 Unit 23 Guide Use Area 5 3 permits available Nonresidents only
- DB776 Unit 23 Guide Use Area 6 4 permits available Nonresidents only
To receive a permit, applicants must submit a completed Undersubscribed Hunt Application in person, by fax or by mail to the Kotzebue ADF&G office. Applications are available from the Division of Wildlife Conservation web-site or from DWC offices. Hunters are limited to 1 application per hunt. Agents may not submit applications on behalf of a hunter. On-line submissions are not accepted.
Applications will be accepted beginning at 8:30 AM on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 and will continue until all permits are issued.
Application: www.hunt.alaska.gov under 'Misc. Applications and Forms' then 'Hunting and Trapping'
Submit to: Alaska Department of Fish and Game
PO BOX 689
Kotzebue, AK 99752
Tel: 907-442-3420 Fax: 907-442-2420